Introduce Baby's First Foods
Your little gold looks so big. Congratulations if your baby is now 6 months old. Now he is ready to eat solid food and be introduced. But don't forget that his digestive system is not yet fully formed, so prepare food for him thoughtfully. If you are a new mother then you want to know what to feed her (baby food chart) and how to feed her.
Maybe give your baby only breast milk until he is 6 months old. According to the World Health Organization WHO, only breastfeeding or bottle feeding should be done until the age of 6 months. Because at this time breastfeeding is not a substitute for building immunity in the baby's body. But if the supply of breast milk is less then formula milk should be fed. But under no circumstances should you eat hard at this time Breast milk should be the main part of the baby's diet even after 6 months of solid food. So breast milk or formula bottle milk should be continued along with solid food. If you are breastfeeding and have to go out for work, collect milk with a breast pump and feed the baby. Breast milk can be stored for up to 4 hours at room temperature and up to 4 days in the refrigerator under normal conditions.
When should you prepare your baby for solid foods?
- If his neck and head are stiff.
- He can sit with your help.
- When you see if you put a spoon in front of his mouth he can open his mouth.
- When you are eating, he will open his mouth to show interest in the food.
- Only milk does not fill her stomach.
Be careful before feeding your baby solid foods.
- In this case, you can start with soft fruits like bananas
- Always eat freshly prepared food. Do not eat refrigerated food.
- Start with liquid food like dal water first. Do not eat too hard in the beginning.
- Always wait 3 days after starting a new diet. Because it takes 3 days to know if there is an allergy to any food.
- Before feeding, boil all utensils in hot water for 5 minutes to sterilize and keep in hot water until use.
- Feed the baby in steel or eco-friendly containers. Don't feed in cheap plastic containers. BPA in plastic is very harmful to children
- Do not add honey, sugar or salt to baby food.
- Do not add milk while preparing food. You can add a small amount of water or breast milk or formula milk to soften the food after preparation.
- Do not add extra water to the food. It may fill the baby's stomach but not get complete nutrition.
- Feed the baby in a chair. It will help the child to eat and learn table manners. And if you learn to walk, you won't run around while feeding. He will learn that he has to eat sitting at the table.
- Allowing the child to eat as much as he can without forcing him to eat a lot at once.
- Do not give cow's milk to babies before one year.
What can you feed a 6-month-old baby?
During this month children eat food twice. Can eat as much as 90 ml each time. Here's an idea of what foods you can feed a 6-month-old baby.
How much to feed the child every day
- Fruit – Start with 1 tbsp, gradually increase to 4 to 5 tbsp.
- Vegetables - Start with 1 tbsp, gradually increase to 4 to 5 tbsp.
- Pulses and Grains – Start with 2 tsp, gradually increasing to 1/4.
Now let's see the right food list for your baby
Your baby is used to taking liquid food so starting with dal water first will not cause difficulty in digestion. After 3 days eat any fruit like a ripe banana. And don't feed too much in the beginning. On the first day, one spoon, on the second day, 2 spoons, on the third day, 3 spoons, increase the amount like this.
By now your baby has developed a taste for other foods apart from milk, so now you can add new vegetables such as pumpkin, carrots, and fruits along with boiled apples. Peel and boil any fruit until soft. feed With this, you should boil the rice and start feeding it to a good paste. You can feed brown rice instead of white rice. Brown rice is very beneficial for the baby compared to white rice.
This week you can give other grains like barley, oats, etc along with rice. Oats or barley should be washed well, boiled, and fed to a paste in a blender. You can add potato, potato among the new vegetables.
By the fourth week, your baby is familiar with about 8-9 different foods. Now start reversing the foods you ate last week. You can eat like khichuri by mixing two or more foods.
How do you know if a child has a food allergy?
- Extra cold
- Stomach upset or diarrhea
- Constipation is difficult
- Crying for stomach ache
- Itching or rashes
Always wait 3 days after introducing a portion of new food to the baby. Because it takes about 3 days for a food allergy to manifest itself. If the baby is allergic to any food, stop feeding it immediately. You can wait a few weeks and try again. If the allergy is very severe then the doctor must be contacted.
A 6-month-old baby can eat a total of 200 ml twice a day (90 to 100 ml each time). The amount can be increased or decreased depending on your child's needs. Finally, let's say the above diet chart (Baby food chart in Bengali) to give an idea. In this chart, you can give your baby other foods like boiled peas, avocado puree, pear puree, and ragi cereal (6-month baby food ). Your baby is just learning to eat so don't expect him to eat the whole bowl full at first. Give it some time and you will learn slowly.
If you like this report and found it useful then share it with other parents now. And if you have any questions or comments, please let us know in the comment box below.